Sunday 12 February 2012

Milan, fashion city and much more

After a long day attending the Annual Security Forum at Webster University Geneva, I packed my bag and headed to Cornavin train station in central Geneva. I bought my ticket to the one place I know I could always count on (other than my parents place) to lift my spirits after a week of running around. I sat on the 5 hour train ride to Milan, awaiting to see my smiling godmother on the other end. The trip was fun as I met many people and heard their life stories. From the Nigerian farmer  to the Italian-Swiss Domino's Pizza  employer, it was interesting to see where they had come from, what they had gone through, and where they were going.

Arriving at Milano Centrale, I took a taxi to my family's apartment. I was welcomed by cousins I had not seen in years and a whole lot of amazing food. It was nice to see how everyone was doing and see how much we had all grown from the last time we had seen each other. The next day, I spent my time running around with my godmother in their numerous famous bakeries, Princi. (princi.it) This bakery is more than just a manufacturer of baked goods and bread. It offers unbeatable service in an exquisite environment. People flood into the café expecting quality which is delivered to every client. It makes me proud that my family owns this bakery because I know how hard they have worked to expand their network of state of the arts bread, brioche and gastronomy.

Milan is inhabited by luxurious trendsetting individuals which gives the city the reputation it deserves. But there is more to this metropolitan. People are kind and welcoming. The culture is beautifully unique. And the food is to die for. I loved this weekend getaway because, most of all, it recharged my batteries and made me ready to take on the world by storm.

Milan's swag has surely rubbed off on me in these short few days. I head back to Geneva with even more determination and  an optimistic state of mind. For, ciao Milano, ci vediamo presto. Gruezi Geneva!!

No comments:

Post a Comment