Friday 17 May 2013

Checklist

Hiking boots? Check! Passport and visas? Check! Sunscreen, bug spray and bug net? Check, check, check! All packed and ready to go. The day is finally here! I thought I would write something up really quick as I wait for my dad to come pick me up to drop me off to the Greyhound bus station destination Toronto.

A mix of emotions flutter within me as I think about the journey I am about to embark on. Excitement, anxiousness, curiousness and anticipation are only a few emotions I am living at this very moment. Months of preparation and hard work have led up to this. I am off to Rwanda for a 2-week program which focuses primarily on post-genocide reconciliation and institutions since 1994. The selected group consists of 10 students doing their masters or attending law school across Canada. Our backgrounds vary but we all have the same common interests in the themes to be explored. Afterwards, I will be off to Tanzania to meet my dear friend Marie-Jo, where we will be hiking Kilimanjaro and then heading to Zanzibar by the Indian Ocean.

Stay tuned for some posts. This is the beginning of an amazing journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment