Wednesday 14 August 2013

Building Blocs


Dear Z news readers,

I apologize for not consistently writing throughout the summer but I have been off being inspired and living life to the fullest of my abilities. But I am back because I have recently watched a speech given by Ashton Kutcher at the teen choice awards and it got me thinking, even a little inspired. I could begin to state various lines of his speech I thought were insightful, empowering or even thoughtful but you would be in for a long post. Instead, I would like to mention something Ashton said towards the end of his speech about building and not just living your life. It got me thinking.

Anyone who has ever been proud of their lives has built everything around them. Whether its focusing on your relationships, your career, your health, wealth or dreams, people who seek opportunity in building their way to success find themselves reaping the benefits in every aspect of their lives.  Life is a social construction you have the ability to change and contribute to. Build an empire, build a name for yourself, build a family, build peace, or build a future. Build so you can live with the humility of hard work and pride and satisfaction of your accomplishments.

Building something is not just creating a solid structure and hope with time it will withstand obstacles and harsh weather. Building requires maintenance, persistence, determination, passion and an unshakeable belief that your foundation and fundamental beliefs and values will help you pursue your goals. This message is not only meant for people who want to make something big of their lives, it is made for everyone. Everyone can build their social construction according to their deepest desires and aspirations.

Alas, I am not usually a Hollywood follower, but this time it was worth listening to because it reminded me that inspiration could come at any time, from anyone and anywhere. Just know those blocs are at your feet so pick them up and start building the life you dream of living.

More to come,

J.

No comments:

Post a Comment