Thursday 13 June 2013

African Beauty Parlour

On my way back from Mount Kilimanjaro, I decided it was a great idea to get my hair braided like the African women I admired so much. Luckily my friend Kirsten had a friend that owned a beauty parlour down the hill of our hostel. So I showered up, ate some amazing pizza and made my way to Shalom Beauty Salon.

It is such an experience getting your hair braided here. Women are gossiping and listening to Swahili radio, it is such a fun environment to be in. We managed to share a lot of laugh and a little conversation. I think this might have been one of my favourite moments so
far here in Africa. It's not another tourist or sightseeing moment, it is just a regular gather of women getting their hair done. And I love it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment